Wednesday, October 24, 2007

UBD Lesson

I implemented this lesson into todays English class. The class is full of Freshman, and two juniors. I guided the lesson to a format of all open ended questions, where they actually had to think, predict, create scenarios, etc. How dare I.

The lesson went well. The creativity and the open discussions went very well, and occupied the whole class, so much that they did not want it to end. We will continue tomorrow.

I was very pleased with the responses to some of the questions, and the follow up discussions about each answer. They actually can think.

The one drawback, if there was one, was the fact that they were not use to not having one concrete answer. They kept asking me for the correct answer, and I kept leading them into new discussions, building on their answers with new questions

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and look to incorporate it into my lessons.

1 comment:

M. Hewitt said...

I had a very similiar experience with my class. The lesson went very well and the students enjoyed it. The planning of the lesson takes more time than anticipated, but I would like to it again.